Computer, eWaste, & Electronics Recycling in Bothell, WA
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Electronic waste, or e-waste, is any waste product with an electronic component. This includes old computers, televisions, cell phones, and other electronics. E-waste is a growing problem worldwide, impacting the environment and public health in negative ways. When these products are disposed of through the traditional landfill process, they can release harmful toxins into the air, water, and soil. Avoiding e-waste ending up in landfills is, therefore, an important part of creating a sustainable future.
At R3eWaste, we work to prevent e-waste from harming the environment. We do this by recycling and repurposing old electronics. We are committed to helping our Bothell community reduce its reliance on landfills and promoting sustainable practices. We believe that everyone has a role to play in creating a more sustainable future through electronic waste disposal, and we are proud to do our part by offering quality recycling services.
The r3e Waste Process
The R3eWaste Process
What Items Qualify?
Almost any electronic device can be recycled through our process, including:
- Cell phones
- Hard drive
We also recycle batteries, light bulbs, and other small electronics. Being able to accept a diverse range of e-waste items allows us to maximize our electronic waste service to the Bothell community as a microcosm of the global waste stream.
Bring your old electronics to our drop-off location in Bothell or let us pick them up from your home or office. Upon returning to our recycling center with your items, we will disassemble and prepare them for recycling.
Our team of experts will then sort the materials into their respective categories, such as plastic, metal, and glass. We do not waste any material, so every piece of e-waste is recycled and reused.
Before we recycle any of the materials, we erase all the data from the electronics. This shredding of data protects your privacy and ensures that your old devices cannot be used for nefarious purposes.
After the materials are sorted and erased, we appraise them to determine their value. We then use this value to reward our customers for their participation in our recycling program. You can enjoy a portion of the proceeds from the sale of your recycled materials and appreciate knowing that you are helping to protect the environment at the same time.
Computers, servers, laptops, tablets, notebooks, I-Pads and all computing devices
Computer peripherals such as keyboards, cords, wires, cables and computer mice
Cell phones and telephones
Printers, scanners, fax machines
Medical and laboratory equipment
Data center technology
Flat screen computer monitors
Ink cartridges and toner cartridges
Copiers (stand-alone) – Charged applied based onsize
Printers – Charged applied based on size
Hand-held electronic devices
Stereos and speakers
Batteries – Rechargeable only to include: Sealed lead acid/computer back-up batteries
Battery backup systems
Cameras and all video cameras
Computer game assemblies
Specialized electronic equipment
And much, much MORE!
Unacceptable Materials List
PCB’s (ballast, transformers, capacitors, etc.)
Explosives (ammunition, firearms)
Non-electronic scrap materials (tires, office waste, etc.)
Household hazardous materials (paints, oil, etc.)
Corrosives (car batteries)
Compressed gas cylinders
Mercury switches/liquid mercury
Household appliances (blow dryers, toasters, stoves, etc.)
Hazardous/contaminated medical equipment
What Makes R3eWaste’s E-Waste Program Different?
There are a few things that make our e-waste recycling program unique:
- We offer convenient, local drop-off locations or for no fee, will come and pick up your e-waste from your doorstep.
- We recycle everything we collect — nothing is wasted. It’s part of our zero-landfill policy, where we proudly divert over 99% of the waste we collect from the landfill.
- We are committed to ensuring that all recycled materials are processed and reused in an environmentally responsible manner. We use certified downstream recyclers who meet or exceed all EPA and state requirements.
- We offer transparency and accountability through our detailed reporting system, which includes information on all recycled materials’ weight, type, and destination.
- We are relentless in our pursuit of innovation and are constantly working to improve our e-waste recycling process to contribute to a more sustainable future.
Why Should You Care About E-Waste Recycling?
We believe that everyone should care about e-waste recycling for a few key reasons:
- Electronic waste is the fastest-growing waste stream in the world. This is largely due to the influx of new electronic products and the ever-growing trend of “upgrading” to the latest and greatest gadgets. While we have much to thank technology for, we cannot turn a blind eye to the destruction a lack of electronic recycling is causing our planet.
- Electronic waste contains valuable resources that can be recycled and reused. Gold, silver, copper, and other precious metals are commonly found in electronic waste and can be recovered through recycling.
- Electronic waste is dangerous to the environment if not recycled properly. Hazardous waste like lead, mercury, and arsenic can leach from electronic waste into the soil and water if not handled properly. This can have serious consequences for human health and the environment.
- Electronic waste is often improperly disposed of. Lots of electronic waste is illegally exported or dumped each year, which can have disastrous consequences for the environment or any communities living right next to a landfill.
Are you ready to do your sustainability part in protecting the environment? Start recycling your e-waste today by contacting R3eWaste and scheduling a convenient curbside drop-off or pick-up. Together, we can make a difference.